We hope your enjoyed the Nursing in Practice Glasgow event this year, please find the presentation notes.
We look forward to seeing you again next year!
1. Keynote speech
Jane Harris, Professional Advisor for Community Nursing, NMAHP Prescribing and Education, Directorate for Chief Nursing Officer, Scottish Government
2. How to motivate change in smokers who don't actuallyy want to change
Catherine Brown, Specialist Nurse at NHS Lanarkshire Stop Smoking Service
3. First line eczema treatment: How do you advise parents and carers?
Julie Van Onselon, Independent Dermatology Nurse
4. Practical advice on smoking cessation: Patients with long-term conditions
Tracy Kirk, Primary Care Based Respiratory Nurse Consultant
5. COPD: Early diagnosis and improving outcomes for your patients
Wendy Preston, Nurse Consultant, George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust, Senior Lecturer, Coventry University
6. Depression and other mood disorders: A ‘need to know’ toolkit and survival guide
George Coxon, RMN, Mental Health Nursing Association
1. Managing severe asthma
Suzanne Regan, Asthma Clinical Nurse Specialist, Royal Brompton Hospital
2. Diabetes: Care, engagement, support
Jane-Claire Judson, National Director and Sarah Ward, Deputy National Director, Diabetes UK
3. Addressing heart disease priorities to improve the lives of people living with heart disease in Scotland
Suzanne Bell, Project Manager, HEARTe learning resource, Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland
4. Stroke: The self management pathway
Margaret Somerville, Director of Advice and Support, Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland
Campbell Chalmers, Stroke Nurse Consultant, NHS Lanarkshire, Chair, Scottish Stroke Nurses Forum
1. Hypertension: NICE, QOF and how to effectively improve outcomes
Rhian Last, Member, NICE Quality Standards Advisory Committee, Nurse Educator, Yorkshire Faculty Board, Royal College of General Practitioners
2. Therapeutic relationships in an inpatient unit for adults with severe eating disorders
Pauline Milne, Eden Unit Ward Manager, Royal Cornhill Hospital
3. SGLT2 inhibition in type II diabetes
Dr Nick Barwell, Consultant Physician, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
You are currently leaving the Nursing in Practice site. Are you sure you want to proceed?