This module gives top tips on how to restart cervical screening services following a pause in examinations due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
By the end of the module you will:
- know how to protect yourself from Covid-19 when carrying out a smear test
- know which women are at higher risk of cervical cancer and should have their smear test prioritised
- know how to manage the situation where a delayed smear due to Covid-19 means that the woman is now out of the age range for the screening programme
- be aware of issues about cervical screening for trans men
- be able to reassure a patient who does not want to come for her smear test due to a fear of catching Covid-19 at the surgery.
The full module can be found on the Nursing in Practice Learning website.
Not a Nursing in Practice Learning member? Click here to register for free and gain access to more CPD modules.