The finalists for the 2018 General Practice Awards, which will take place on 30 November, have been announced and include the top practice and community nurses from around the UK.
The shortlists for each category were chosen out of hundreds of entries from primary and community care practitioners.
This is the first year that the Community Nurse of the Year category has been introduced, and the tenth year of the General Practice Awards overall.
Practice Nurse of the Year shortlist:
- Helen Crowther, Weardale Practice.
- Ann Hughes, Tean Surgery.
- Ian Parsonage, Compass House Medical Centres.
- Michelle Richards, Abbey Medical Centre.
- Rachel Viggars, Ashley Surgery.
Community Nurse of the Year shortlist:
- Maggie Bean, Field House Surgery.
- Carole Knight, Hughenden Valley Surgery.
- Angie Reynolds, Eden ICC.
- Linda Thorley, Rock Cottage Care Home.
- Kerry Wykes, Redditch and Bromsgrove, Worcestershire Health and Care Trust.
The shortlists for all other categories, including GP of the Year, are also available online now.
The award winners will be announced in a ceremony at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel in London on 30 November.
The panel of judges deciding the winners of the nursing award categories is comprised of industry experts:
- Deputy chief nursing officer for England, Hilary Garratt CBE.
- Chair of New NHS Alliance, Heather Henry.
- Primary care and community nurse lead for Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership, Louise Brady.
- Strategic and operational director and nurse practitioner for Cuckoo Lane Health Centre, Julie Belton.
- Independent nurse consultant and Nursing in Practice advisory board member, Marilyn Eveleigh.
- Editor of Nursing in Practice, David Swan.
To attend the event click here