Health officials have warned of a suspected outbreak of the norovirus at a Worcestershire school after more than 100 pupils became ill.
Pupils at St Bede's Catholic Middle School in Redditch have been affected, but no plans are in place to close the school.
Instead, parents are being advised to keep their children at home for two days after symptoms have cleared.
In a statement, headteacher David Larkin said the school was following guidance issued by the Health Protection Agency (HPA).
He said: "On Thursday and Friday of last week we had absence figures of between 20% and 30%, although that has gone down considerably.
"At present only a few staff have been affected and therefore on the advice of the HPA we have no plans to close any part of the school."
A spokeswoman for the HPA said 112 students were absent from the 617-pupil school.
The outbreak began last Wednesday, the spokeswoman confirmed, adding that no other schools in the area had been affected.
Copyright © Press Association 2009
You are currently leaving the Nursing in Practice site. Are you sure you want to proceed?