CPD Module Summary: Bowel cancer risks, identification and management
This module will provide an understanding of:
- The risk factors for bowel cancer
- Identifying signs and symptoms of bowel cancer
- The criteria for urgent referral for suspected bowel cancer
- The national screening programme for early detection of bowel cancer and how nurses can help promote this
- The main approaches to management of bowel cancer and how nurses can be involved in supporting patients after diagnosis and treatment
Dr Anish Kotecha is a GP partner in a surgery in South Wales. Dr Kotecha is also a Royal College of GPs (RCGP) South East Wales Faculty Education Lead and Aneurin Bevan University Health Board Cardiff University Communication Skills tutor and examiner.
The full module can be found on the Nursing in Practice Learning website.
Not a Nursing in Practice Learning member? Click here to register for free and gain access to more CPD modules.