This module will give nurses a greater understanding of malnutrition in older people, how to spot the condition and how to treat it.
This module will:
- Give an understanding of the rising issue of malnutrition in older people after Covid-19, and what consequences this can have for older people
- Help nurses spot malnutrition in older people early – which should be a priority – and keep them well-nourished in the community
- Make aware of easy-to-use, accessible tools to identify the risk of malnutrition
- Jane Murphy is professor of nutrition, registered nutritionist and dietitian and co-director of the ageing and dementia research centre at Bournemouth University
- Lesley Carter is a registered nurse, clinical lead for professionals and practice and programme lead for the Malnutrition Task Force at Age UK
The full module can be found on the Nursing in Practice Learning website.
Not a Nursing in Practice Learning member? Click here to register for free and gain access to more CPD modules.