This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the area of flu
Key learning points
- The different types of flu vaccination available this year and which patients should have which vaccination.
- What to do if a patient who is allergic to eggs requests vaccination and your vaccine supply has been grown in eggs.
- Which children cannot have the nasal spray vaccination.
- What to do if a parent turns down the nasal spray vaccination on religious grounds because it has porcine gelatine in it.
- Who should have antiviral drugs and when they should be prescribed.
Dr Toni Hazell is a GP in north London
Not a Nursing in Practice Learning member? Click here to join and gain access to more CPD modules